Overcoming Learning Barriers
Target Audience: Occupational therapists, speech language pathologists, educators, researchers, neuropsychologists, medical practitioners, social workers.
- To provide an overview of the 12 different components of executive functioning
- To review Neuro-anatomy related to executive functioning
- To present a developmental hierarchy of sensori-motor skills that lead to executive functioning
- To identify different assessments that may be helpful to assess more fully.
- To present and discuss bottom up and top down interventions with regards to sensory processing and intervention
- To present case studies for demonstration of techniques and outcomes.