DIR 203: (Third Level - Gaining DIR Certificate of Competency through ICDL)
Completion of Levels DIR201 and DIR202 is required
Level of course: Advanced
Target Audience: Occupational therapists, speech language pathologists, play therapists, parents, psychologists, medical practitioners, mental health clinicians, social workers, residential treatment staff, registered nurses, child welfare professionals, adoption and foster care agency staff and administrators, educators, and researchers.
(in brief, more fully explained at www.icdl.com)
- Demonstrate self-awareness of own functional emotional developmental capacities, interactive styles and coping tendencies under stress
- Identify own strengths and areas that require further development in their understanding and application of the DIR Model® and Floortime™ Intervention
- Apply in-depth, discipline specific concepts learned in DIR 201 and DIR 202, analyzing how individual differences of children or adults can interfere or help promote the mastering of the 9 functional emotional developmental capacities
- Summarize the child and adult’s unique profile based on all his or her 9 functional emotional developmental capacities and individual differences
- Revise application of DIR® concepts and Floortime™ principles based on personal reflection triggered by observation, group discussions, personal evaluation, readings and lectures, embracing the power of self-examination and self-observation in expanding capacity to stay regulated and “in the moment”
Assessed: Presentation of 2 case studies on PowerPoint including video.
The DIR journey has been the highlight in my occupational therapy career. As I’ve mentioned before, Floortime is the emotional piece of intervention I was missing and had been searching for, over the past 20 years or so. Thanks to your coaching, what sounded quite foreign initially, (DIR 101) became a delightful experience in therapy together with the parent(s) and their child.
Jenine Bence – Cape Town South Africa
I just wanted to express my sincerest gratitude for sparing your time with me today. I also want to say that I have learnt more during this 203 course than I ever did in my ten years of doing DIR. You are a gifted trainer and the group in amazing. I have learnt a lot from their presentations and for me I can now connect the dots. I consider myself very fortunate to participate with this group and learn from such gifted and talented therapist.
Susan De Freitas - Trinidad September 2014